When some people think “tacos” they think a famous fast food chain which is usually filled with unhealthy amount of ingredients that makes you feel pretty regretful right after.
This recipe will not make you regret anything but rather feel super satisfied and oh so easy to make…and of course, it’s vegan.
Tacos can be such a great meal to have with the family or even just as a meal for one. The best thing about tacos is you can pretty much put whatever you want in them but one thing I make sure I have are great tortillas! Nothing says tacos like corn tortillas.
If you live in the Toronto area you can buy corn tortillas at “La Tortilleria” in Kensington Market, they have great selection of blue, white and yellow tortillas to choose from at an affordable price.
Here’s what you’ll need:
¼ size of a small white onion – chopped
½ a can of black beans
½ a can of corn
Black pepper for added taste
3 small corn tortillas (3)
¼ size of a small red onion – chopped
Half of a ripe avocado
Yellow, orange and red ripe cherry tomatoes – chopped
Half a lime
- Place the chopped white onions into a non-stick frying pan for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Change the temperature to low and add the black beans and corn for another 5 minutes. (Hint: Use some of the sauce from the black beans can instead of oil). Add black pepper, or any other spices you like and stir mixture and place in a bowl to set aside.
- Take three (3) tortillas and place right on oven rack of a pre-heated oven of 350C for a couple of minutes, this is only to warm them up.
- In the meantime, chop up your cherry tomatoes, red onions and avocado and place in a separate bowl.
- Place your tortillas on a plate and add the black bean, corn and white onion mixture and your cherry tomatoes, red onions and avocado mixture.
- Squeeze half a lime for all three (3) tortillas, eat and enjoy